. . . Return to Main Page . .
J.H. Blackmore Room
As a child growing up in this home, Garry recalls this room as his great grandfather's. The room also shares the name of the M.V. J.H. Blackmore built by Captain Blackmore, it was his best loved boat. For three years he went with this ship in the service of the American Army where they travelled farther north than any other ship at that time and built a weather station. She was lost off Spillar's Point near Elliston on a trip to the icefields in 1947.
The room overlooks the Port Union wharf which is used by local fishermen today. This stately room with its wonderfully restored antique bed will ensure a good night's rest. The full-size bathroom with soaker tub will provide you with the privacy and luxury you will appreciate.
- Large bedroom with Queen size bed
- Bedding may include feathers, please notify hosts of allergies and we will make adjustments prior to your arrival
- Hardwood floors
- Cable TV
- Wireless Internet access
- Mini-fridge in room
- Iron and ironing board available, as well as, access to laundry facilities
- Large private ensuite with soaker tub and ceramic tile floor
- Hair dryer in room
- Individual room heat control
- $120 per night double occupancy; includes breakfast for two and evening refreshments. Additional person $15 per night. Children 12 and under stay free. Off-Season rates September 15 to May 31. All prices subject to HST.
"Click" to enlarge.
. . . Back to Top . . .
Captain Blackmore's Heritage Manor
Owners: Garry and Shelly Blackmore
Hosts: Garry and Shelly Blackmore
Box 100, Port Union, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada A0C 2J0
Copyright © Captain Blackmore's Heritage Manor. All Rights Reserved.
Captain Blackmore's Heritage Manor Website by NKT